Tuesday 10 January 2012

Ninja Edit

"Summer Breeze
Makes Me Feel Fine
Blowing Through the Jazzmin in my mind"

For the last ten days, I have been working on a new blog-post concerning HP Lovecraft and the fictional town of Innsmouth, Massachusetts.
I have created 30-odd pictures that I am happy with and think work well to help illustrate the story I want to tell.
And I know precisely what it is I want to say.
However, I am struggling to get the words from my out of my brain and onto the written page.
I am not sure why.
I mentally compose the paragraph in my mind, sit to type it and…it just don’t happen.
Or more precisely, it feels contrived and unnatural – and anything I try to write isn’t truly representing my thoughts.
I don’t know why.
When subject to these episodes of writer’s block, I am grateful for any distraction – any distraction at all.
It was with relief then when someone asked me to make a new hi-resolution self-portrait for a blog-post they want to publish on their blog end-Jan/early-Feb.
I find taking pictures and working with visuals and colours far less taxing on the brain than working with words and text. And I now had a valid excuse to leave off writing the Innsmouth article for yet another night!
Yay for valid excuses!
I knew immediately where I wanted to go to take the portrait – one of my favourite regions ever – Mad Ninjaz!
I have already blogged this beautiful, colourful and relaxing region before. Additionally we filmed the ‘musical instrument’ sequence of ‘Showdown’ there.
I was more than happy to return and spend some time there.
I found a nice position on the region, a good animation and moved my camera to different positions, keyboarding shortcut <Ctrl-‘> a total of eight times to take these high-res snapshots. Same animation and same position for each snapshot - only the camera angle was changed.
I am pretty pleased with them, overall. But none of them are suitable for the portrait I was requested to do!
Oh well, I suppose I have saved my valid excuse to avoid doing the Innsmouth article for yet another night!


Pixie xx



No comments:

Post a Comment